08 May 2006

Nostalgia II

It is coincidental that the first Nostalgia post pertained to my sudden desire to put on a smock. Because this post is about art class, inspired by a conversation earlier this evening that took a dead-end turn down Memory Lane. At first, I had wanted to write about how f*cked up my elementary school art teacher was-- how you would wait in line next to the table of skinned animals and rotten shellfish without knowing quite what to expect. You were lucky if she was in a good mood and pulled you closer to her to show you how to color your ocean waves purple. Her breath was rancid, recognizable to me even at the young age of eight but I became well-ept at breathing at the right moments to avoid tasting it. So by that same token, you were lucky if she deafeningly chastised you from two feet away about how you didn't press hard enough. Or stay in the lines well enough. "Shutup, bitch! You try." (That is my translation into Adult Language). The crayons were slippery and waxy, large and unmanageable.

Anyhow, as I contemplated my post while tossing about in bed from the kilo of Hawaiian Supremo I had at around 6pm (yup, it's well-after 2am), my thoughts digressed and I started to have other flashbacks. I laughed to myself for a good 10 minutes-- again, probably due to the kilo-- and finally acquiesced [um, with myself] to sit and post.

Conversation was provocative at the art table. Like, when we would have ridiculous gossip and listen to Shauna* talk about how she made "How To" home sex videos while her mom laughed. Yes, she actually was quite a normal person. She was always quick with dry-humor, usually used in a caustic way to hurt people's feelings. One time, she nonchalantly stopped coloring in the middle of a conversation we were having about people's parents and said, "Josh - your mom looks like she's pregnant." His pushed through his lisp : "That's so mean!" I'm not sure if I laughed really hard because of her comment. Or because of the pause that took place between her comment and his. Or because of the expression on his face. But it was funny. It still is.

Yup, it disjointedly ends here. The rest of this story has been erased as it was judged by some pre-readers to be too controversial. I apologize for the inconvenience.

* Some names have been changed to protect the unsuspecting.

Comments:
I want to know the end!! Be controversial. I dare you.
 
I have taken this comment into consideration. The rest of the story may or may not appear in a future post.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?