31 May 2006

The Rock Show, a re-juvenating experience

Back online after a toasty weekend. There is nothing more cathartic than a slower-paced weekend and a Tuesday morning wake-up to Fastball. ... My hardwood floors are supposedly gold - close enough. Ain't never gettin' cold indeed. Nope, I'll never go hungry-- I had a lot to eat at the music festival. Nope, I'll never go old and grey-- I went to the rock show... a re-juvenating experience!

I forgot how simple things could be out of the city... in a good way. I ate about five meals at the rock show, none of which required any sort of involved deliberation to order. "eh, we just got the chicken tender platter. time for a jumbo hot dog?" they came with fries. the kind you eat with ketchup... and maybe mustard if you are feeling saucy. not the belgian kind that requires an effortful decision. curry ketchup? horseradish cream? pesto mayo? onion-infused balsamic parmesan basil vinegarette? shortly before the dog and platter, we had exchanged few words: "it's damn hot out. let's look for funnel cake." and we did this all, slowly.


everyone at the show seemed more concerned with quality of life and living for the moment, splurging for the $10 cigar which may or may not have been used for other purposes, blowing up colorful balloons which may or may not have been used for other purposes. and even spending lots of money on super expensive food and beer that wasn't all that great only because it tasted good.

I was a dirtbag and walked around with my pants rolled up and nearly barefoot. (you should've seen the water after I washed the jeans). it was great! I enjoyed all the small nuances of not being in the city. ... a nice break!

speaking of simplicity, how about the language and format of this fine piece of elementary writing effort?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?