01 May 2006

A Soliloquy

I leaned in and said quietly, just above a whisper, "What is the Chef's Daily Special today?"

"Let's see now... hold on... sautéed jumbo shrimps with asparagus butter cream, garlic, parsley, _________, over a bed of orzo. ... wait a minute, what's that?? sautéed jumbo shrimps with... oh, so I guess that is the special. The shrimps. And then orzo-- I don't know what THAT is."

"Oh, it's a type of small pasta."

I go with the roast chicken... because she does not eat seafood and thus doesn't recommend the salmon.

"Do you have sparkling water?"

"Yes we do! We have Perrier which is the smaller bottle. And then the larger is the Pinot Grigio*."

"Uhh... I'll take the larger, please..."

*To clarify-- the Pinot Grigio would have a better effect if written as "Pinogrigio" which I had initially wanted to do, but I was fearful that readers would think me stupid. Though, I guess if my readers were to be unsuspecting of intentional misspelling, I would want to put up a firewall to block their access to this blog anyway.

Comments:
I just laughed outloud.
 
"Excuse me, Flo? What's the soup du jour?"
"It's the soup of the day"
"Mmmmmm... Sounds tasty!"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?