29 August 2006

Confession VI, Child of the 90's

I find that my entries are coming farther and fewer in between... and peppered with more confessions than ever before. Hmm. Interesting.

So it's funny that you can have songs stuck in your head for days (or weeks) at a time and crave hearing it in its entirety. You would even pay $0.99 to hear it! But then say, hypothetically, you have 16 iTunes credits that you need to spend in the next two days... you can't find anything at all!

Hypothetical aside, I have been brainstorming 16 songs that I might like to hear again in its entirety-- the more often, the better, as I would be getting a better value. To get some juices going, I have been surfing the homepage of my Music Store. And it has happened! Confirmed. I find myself in the 90's section, clicking on each entry and getting unnecessarily excited about each tune-- particularly the one-hit wonders.

Flashback...
Setting: Winter 2002, Morningside Heights
In attendance: Me, cronies.

Quote (not me): "You guys... you know how you walk around and see some people... and you think to yourself?-- 'man, that guy is STUCK in the 70's!' or like, 'man, that guy is STUCK in the 80's!' ... well... do you think that's gonna be US??? Do you think we're gonna be, like, STUCK in the 90's???"

Surely not. The new millenium showed so much promise. And yet my guilty pleasure is downloading Better Than Ezra, listening to clips of Diane King, belting KC & JoJo, lip-synching Blind Melon, bobbing to Déjà Vu, and playing the fake drums to Lithium. It's reflected in my desperate iTunes search. I listen to clips and just can't get enough. But I still have 16 remaining!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?