01 August 2006

hot, Hot, HOT! II

Bad. This weather is pretty bad. Today, one of my Filipino friends came up to me and said, "You know it's bad when I'm hot." Last year, she was wearing cardigans and light sweaters in August & September because she thought it was kind of chilly. Two hours later, I got an IM: "This reminds me of when you walk down the street in Haiti at noon." Yes, this friend is from Haiti.
_________________________________

I walked past 43rd Street today-- on the ground, I saw a massive dragonfly about the length of my hand. Its wingspan was comfortably just shy of 6 inches. And it made me think-- could NYC ever be tropical? Could we ever get a new frequently-encountered species? Next year, is my neighbor going to come out of her apartment with a pet cockroach on a leash?
_________________________________

A good strategy to stay cool is to lie face-down on your hardwood floor completely naked. Every 7 minutes or so, you should flip over in such a manner that you are not touching the same part of the floor you were just lying on. Make snow angel motions every so often-- but slowly-- you don't want to generate any heat energy.

Comments:
just let friction do its work
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?