08 August 2006

Starf*cked!!!

I couldn't believe it myself-- I was at Bungalow 8 with some girl friends. One of them had a work function there promoting a new honeydew mixer that is coming out to all-organic stores. He was standing there, glistening in the light-- Jude! Indeed, upclose and personal. And he came over to offer to buy ME a drink. We chatted for a little bit, and the next thing I knew we were upstairs in the upper hotel lobby where only a few others were around.

Trip clip. Not true... my real reference to being starf*cked was at Starbucks. I had already been standing at the counter for 5 minutes before the barista took my order. And then I waited 2 more before the one making the drink says, "Ma'am... what kind of milk." "Whole's fine." Meaning-- yeah, if it's handy right there, I'd prefer that.

He ambled to the fridge, slower than molasses running uphill. Long story short, my friend came into the store to get me because our ride was outside. I panicked. My iced mocha wasn't ready yet and we had already waited for about 10 - 15 minutes. Then suddenly, "Ma'am, here you go!" I whipped around: "Really?! Thanks!" I grab the iced beverage and run out the store.
____

Skip to drinking-- yup. No espresso. Milk only. Yup, chocolate syrup and milk-- a good old-fashioned chocolate milk, complete with ice cubes. I paid $3.68 for this trusty budget invention that I could have gotten for $0.85 at the local corner deli. Without the ice cubes! Jerk.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?